Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lilly Goat

For those of you who didn't know, Lilly wanted to be a goat this year for Halloween. I tried to talk her out of it and suggested other animals such as a cat, dog, lion, etc, but she was stuck on a goat. The only reason I can think of that she wanted to dress up like this is her favorite part of the zoo - the goat petting part. She spends like 20 minutes in there each time we go to the zoo and we went fairly often this summer (about 1 x a week since it's so close to our house). The only goat costume I could find was for a younger child (9 months), so I decided to make one and I think it turned out pretty cute! She LOVED it and told everyone during trick or treating that she was a goat and then said "MAAAAHH!" She was mistaken several times for a bunny, a mouse, and a cat (hmmm, have you seriously never seen a goat before??). Lilly corrected every person though. "No, a doat." Of course, no one had any idea what a "doat" was, so I had to translate, but Lilly knew what her costume was. She also enjoyed trick or treating, as do most kids, I'm sure. She was very excited to get candy and kept checking her pumpkin to make sure the candy was still there while we were walking. The temperature was almost 70 yesterday, so that was great for trick or treating.




I do have a funny Lilly saying to post also:

Me (looking at a picture of a chicken): That's a hen.
Lilly: No, sorry, it's a chicken.
(she actually does this "no, sorry" thing quite a bit. Especially after she's asked me "what is that" and I answer her with something she wasn't expecting. Why she asks in the first place when she already knows is funny anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment