Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicago and headbands

Those two don't really go together, but I am too lazy to post two separate entries.

My dad came to Chicago for a packaging show this past week, so Lilly and I went up to see him. We all went to the children's museum and had lunch. Lilly had a great time!! She is still talking about having french fries and ketchup and lemonade with papa michael. One funny story about the day: my dad and i were both concentrated on trying to find the McCormick Place exit so I could drop him off and Lilly heard a song that she knew on our cd playing in the car. So, she says to my dad, "This song same as at school, papa michael." When my dad didn't reply, she just said it again and again, and louder and louder until finally my dad said "yes, the song is cool." She needs immediate acknowledgement when she says something.







Lilly is a little attached to these running sweatband things that Pete has. She puts them on daily (usually along with her mickey mouse ears) and wears them around the house. She calls them "my headbands."



3 comments:

  1. Looks like papa michael had a fun time with Lilly! She's getting interested in how things work at a young age.

    That is a great picture of Meg and Lilly with the headbands!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lilly's shirt in the pictures from your trip to Chicago! She looks very cosmopolitain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Troy does that thing where he'll repeat what he is saying idefinitely and continually louder until you acknowledge him. Some times even that won't stop him. And if you don't repeat what he is actually saying, it keeps going. He would not have let me get away with saying "cool" instead of "school". Gotta love 2!

    ReplyDelete