Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lilly -isms

Okay, Lilly is a talker and a singer lately. She sings constantly and likes to make up her own songs. Here are some samples:

Actual song:................Lilly's version:

Mary had a little lamb ........Mary had a little veggie bite
God bless America .............God bless alligator ("ad-di-da-der")
This old man.............This snowman

She really does sing those songs the correct way, but occasionally will add her own verses as stated above. She also likes Pete and I to make up songs, so I've had to sing about a bandaid and also a song about her friends (very creative: I like ____, I like ____). She also knows the first 3 lines to the Notre Dame victory march and the first part of Go, Cubs, Go.

Here are some of her new phrases that she likes to use:

"hold on two seconds" (she gets this from me...I'm always telling her to hold on two seconds)
"yeah, let's do that" (usually referring to going to the park or going to eat cookies)
"a while" (as in "this shirt a while" which means "I haven't worn this shirt in a while")
"let's go lady" (this is definitely from me. She says this when we are in the car and we stop at a light)
"I need a scoot" (to move her closer to something)
"I like"...this song, this book, this baby, this shirt, these shoes, mommy, daddy, the park, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment