Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

South Bend had a bunch of Easter activities today and I was really looking forward to taking Lilly to the Egg Hunt. The weather was great (50 ish) and it was sunny. Perfect. Hahahaha- it was the worst egg hunt I have ever seen.

First, it was supposed to start at 4:30, so we got there at 4:20 thinking that it wouldn't be that crowded (I don't know what I was thinking really- it was as if every child in Indiana and our neighboring states was already there lined up and ready to run). Just as we were walking up to it (at 4:20), they started counting down from 5 to start the race (also- the "hunt" was just a bunch of plastic eggs laid out on the lawn of Tippecanoe Place, a large mansion/restaurant. I, for some odd reason, was imagining a huge open field with a few kids skipping and looking all over for eggs. I must be delusional since I'd been to Tippecanoe Place several times and there is no open field anywhere near it- it's in downtown South Bend). So, I picked up Lilly and ran, shoving strollers and slow walking toddlers out of my way, to where the egg hunt was and in a matter of seconds, all the eggs were gone. It was so sad. Lilly had no idea what was going on, which is good. A very nice family gave us two of their eggs. While Lilly was inhaling her Nestle chocolate eggs, I saw a child who was probably 12 years old run by and he had a basket full of about 10 eggs. I tripped him. Just kidding! Anyway, we will probably not go next year.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry it was so awful! It's just as well Lilly had no idea what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have tripped him. We were going to go to a hunt across town yesterday, until I drove by the location 2 hours before it was to start. It looked like a tailgate there were so many cars. Needless to say, we didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year I'm hosting one at our house!!! We'll save the hassle and drama of a community wide one and just open it to the play group.

    ReplyDelete